Tuesday 28 October 2014

Our little Bennett is one!

Bennett turned one on Sunday! Let me say that again...my baby is ONE! And what a sweet little one year old he is!

I have had the most amazing year with him. He honestly is the best baby a first time Mum could of asked for. He slept through the night very early on and is so easy going. His personality is through the roof and he makes us laugh every day. There is not a day that goes by that I don't realize how lucky we are to have this little blob in our life's.

Also lets think about this for a second. This month last year, not only had I not met Bennett...but I hadn't met Brooke either! So this year has definitely been extra special!

He had a lovely day filled with presents and sugar. We started out by going to my sisters house for a skype date with my family in England. That meant that they could sing to him and watch him open their present. Brooke dressed up as well, she had to look her best considering she was attending her first birthday party as a guest :) Next we went out for lunch with my sister and her husband {Aunty Carly and Uncle Nat}. When we got home we watched a movie and napped, then it was time for his dinner celebration! My friend Anna made him a monster cake which was a big hit :)

Anyways, here are his stats as well as some {ok LOT'S of} pictures from his birthday. This will be his last monthly update now we have reached a year! I will still update on him every six months though because I love updates!

Happy birthday little Blob, we LOVE you! xxx


Weight: 22.2 lbs

Routine: I can finally say my child sleeps in his OWN ROOM!!! We decided it was time we focus on getting him to sleep in his crib. Getting him used to it turned out to be pretty easy. We just started his bedtime routine a little earlier which gave him time to fall asleep while we were still up doing things. I think hearing us helped him feel comfortable. Now he goes down like a pro for naps as well as night time.

Eating: He still drinks formula in bottles as well as a plate of whatever we have for lunch or dinner. I was just told that he should start coming off bottles. That may be quite difficult as he always has one when Brooke does. We'll see though.....it just might take a tiny bit of convincing ;)

Milestones: Well there it the obvious milestone of turning one and this last month he really started to understand the word no. I can now tell him no and most the time it will make him stop in his tracks. This is usually only for a second to look at me with a cheeky smile and then continue to do whatever he wasn't suppose to be doing ;) He has also figured out how to "comfort" Brooke when she cries. Comforting is shoving a soother in her mouth and rocking her in her chair. It is sweet to see him try, even if it's not the best method haha.





              




     

A picture from each of his first 11 months :)




Fast sleep after his long day :)





No comments :

Post a Comment